I am getting "Can not find executable for current Release Hash." or similar. What does it mean and what can I do?
There are 3 possibilities:
- Terraria just got a new Update. In this case the Game Launcher is not updated for the latest Terraria Update. Just wait for an Update for the Game Launcher (usually only takes a few hours). The hash is a unique value and is needed to identify the correct Terraria.exe and to make sure the User uses an legal copy.
- You are using a cracked Client. In this case I can not do anything!
- You are using a modded Client. In this case verify your Game Cache in Steam and copy the modded Client into your Terraria Directory but do not overwrite the existing Terraria.exe. To add this modded Client use the Add App Button. Click here for a Guide how to do so.
You said "Verify your Game Cache". What do you mean and how can I do this?
- This means that Steam checks your Game and Downloads all missing or corrupt Files. This is useful to restore the original Game Content if you (or a Mod) messed up something.
- To verify the Game's cache open your Steam Library, Right Click on Terraria (of course works for all Games) and choose Properties, Open the Tab Local Files, click the Button Verify Integrity of Game Cache...
My Game crashes after installing and starting an older Version. What can I do?
- This is caused by a corrupt config.dat, simply delete this File (make a Backup first). You can find it in c:\users\username\documents\my games\Terraria
- This should not happen if you use the Terraria Launcher.exe, look here for more details.
I get "Please launch the game from your Steam client."
- Try to restart Steam with admin rights